Monday, April 23, 2018

Boycott of DTube Continues For Some On the STEEMIT Blockchain

Brandonfrye is a Steemit Ambassador and continues to use the platform of STEEMIT. Below are his own words when it comes to the use of DTube for sharing video content on the STEEMIT blockchain.

You’ve probably made it to this post because you asked my why I use YouTube to host my videos for Steemit. In fact, that’s exactly why I made this video because I know it’s inevitable that I’ll get the question. So in today’s video (which is freely hosted by YouTube) I will explain why I’ve decided to boycott Dtube until some changes have been made.

FYI – If you’re watching this on YouTube then you’ll likely have NO idea what I’m talking about lol. So please read this article to learn more:
https://steemit.com/dtube/@brandonfrye/i-m-boycotting-dtube-and-here-s-why

Two Changes I Would Like to See Happen:

1. Dtube drop it’s fee from 25% to 15% by using other methods to raise funds. I’ve left a couple of suggestions in the video above but there are numerous ideas to crowdfund your project… especially her on Steemit. Simply posting a weekly @dtube stats report would draw many upvotes from the Dtube community. You could also have a monthly expense report that lists where all of the reward funds are going. I’m sure we would all be happy to see the expenditures and would gladly upvote the report.

2. Add some notice or TOS to your platform (or even on the about.d.tube page) so that users of Dtube are aware that you’re taking a portion of their rewards to fund the platform. Transparency goes a long way.. probably even more here on a blockchain. Users should not find out 3 months down the road from some blog article here on Steemit.

you can become a part of the STEEMIT platform by signing up at this link: https://steemit.com/@tonygreene113/feed

The post Boycott of DTube Continues For Some On the STEEMIT Blockchain appeared first on @tonygreene113.

No comments:

Post a Comment