Friday, July 15, 2016

Playboy Playmate ‘Shames’ Woman at Her Gym by Posting Naked Photo with Cruel Message

Dani Mathers, last year’s “Playmate of The Year,” lit a serious fire on the internet when she posted a picture of a naked woman at the gym.

It’s not just the invasiveness of the photo that’s left people upset, though. When they perceived that “fat shaming” was going on, it set off a wave of online condemnation.

The photo — which Mathers uploaded to Snapchat — showed her alongside a nude woman taking a shower. The caption read:

“If I can’t unsee this then you can’t either.”

The 29-year-old model quickly deleted the image, which she claims was posted “accidentally.”

However, enough people caught the Snapchat pic and circulated it that she’s has to bear the brunt of an online backlash.

Many took to Twitter to not only denounce the photo, but to even call for legal action against the playmate:

After Mathers deleted the photo, she took to her own Twitter account (which she’s since taken down) to post an apology:

“I want to acknowledge my post from snapchat earlier. There is no excuse… I understand fully the magnitude of this post and that I have hurt. A lot of people, women. Body shaming is not okay, and is nothing to joke about… This was meant to be a part of a private conversation that Never should have happened. There are no words to describe how deeply sorry I am for hurting and offending you all.

Women make my world go around, I respect women, I surround myself with women and I completely understand the magnitude of this post. Please please please know How upset I am with myself and take my word that this won’t happen again. I love and appreciate every one of you and know that everyone Is beautiful in their own way… That’s what makes us all so special… I can’t undo this mistake, but I ask your forgiveness.

This mistake has truly made me realize that something that can seem silly in a private conversation isn’t unnecessary. All I’ve done here is Spread negativity and hate when that isn’t who I am. I chose to model because I appreciate women and their bodies, so me of all people, Should never make light of another woman’s naked body.”

She even recently uploaded this video apology:

But folks online didn’t seem to buy Mathers’s apology:

According to TMZ, L.A. Fitness, the gym where Mathers took the photo, contacted the LAPD about the incident.

The gym, which claims that cellphone use isn’t allowed in locker rooms, added, “this is not only our rule, it is just common decency.”

The post Playboy Playmate ‘Shames’ Woman at Her Gym by Posting Naked Photo with Cruel Message appeared first on Independent Journal Review.


Source: independent journal

The post Playboy Playmate ‘Shames’ Woman at Her Gym by Posting Naked Photo with Cruel Message appeared first on .@tonygreene113.

No comments:

Post a Comment