The Mirror writes that Rebeca Gleeson felt terrible about what happened while she was “out walking with her children Evan, five, Kian, two, and Rose, five months, and her friend and her children and their dogs”.
But she knew it could help other parents if she shared the story. So, Gleeson took to social media in order to tell the tale of how baby Rose was hurt while in her pram, otherwise known in the U.S. as a baby stroller:
Gleeson began by setting up the scene:
“Went out today and left my phone in roses pram; it slipped under her leg.
In today’s heat and I think because she pressed the button which activated the camera (leaving the screen lit) the phone has burnt her leg.
She was sat there for about 30-35 minutes, only cried for about 5 minutes at the end when my friend picked her up (I was carrying kian as he hurt himself falling ????)”
Gleeson, again noting how awful she felt about what happened, added that Rose had been seen by the doctor:
Feeling absolutely terrible.
She’s had cream and dressed at docs and has to have it checked again Friday.
She then urged parents to spread the word so others would not make the same mistake:
Feel free to share, don’t leave phones in babies prams ????
On the following day, Gleeson shared an update about Rose, noting that her leg looked much improved:
In addition to using caution when it comes to cell phones in strollers or near baby’s tender skin, parents also need to be mindful of their use of cloth covers on the stroller to protect baby from the sun. They can accidentally cause baby to overheat.
Source: independent journal
The post Mom Warns Fellow Parents About the Dangers of Leaving Their Phones In the Stroller Next To Baby appeared first on .@tonygreene113.