Monday, August 8, 2016

One Mom Has a Blazing Response When a Woman Tells Her Mothers Shouldn’t Wear Bikinis

Though Hollywood and celebrity gossip magazines might lead folks to believe that moms can easily bounce back to their pre-pregnancy bodies, that normally isn’t the case. Nor should it be.

One woman isn’t just taking a stand against haters regarding her after-birth physique —she’s giving voice to some serious mom-bod pride that’s bound to have many nodding their heads “yes.”

Recently, Lexi Sinclair took her 4-month-old son, Christian, to the pool. She wore a bikini while accompanying her toddler.

Lexi was approached by a woman who gave her some unasked for advice regarding her bikini.

The new mom writes:

“So today I took my 4 month old son to the pool. While putting Christians pool hat on, a woman (maybe mid 50s) comes up and makes conversation with me about Christian. Asking me his age, how much he weighs, how he sleeps, etc. She then proceeded to tell me that the men at the pool would feel more comfortable if I was in a one-piece swim suit because a bikini isn’t appropriate for a mother, especially one who’s “still recovering.”

Anyone who knows me knows I had a few words for this crazy, ballsy woman. But instead I just smiled, kissed my son and told her, “I’m proud of my body. In just one year I’ve gained 50 pounds, and lost 37. I’ve grown a human and given birth to a beautiful miracle. My body provided food for my child. So, no, my body might not be the best sight for other men to see. My stretch marks and tummy pudge might not be sexy. But they’re proof that I’ve done something amazing, and I have a man that loves me and finds me even sexier and more beautiful now. To be honest, I don’t give a tiny rats ass what other men, or a prissy twit like you think. Have a nice day though.’”

The post has gone certifiably viral, now shared over 22,000 times.

According to CNN, Lexi has received mostly positive responses to her frank post. While she’s garnered some criticism, she’s shrugged off the negativity.

The kindest feedback apparently came from a husband regarding his wife, Lexi recounts:

“I think the most beautiful message I’ve received was from a man whose wife struggles with self-image. He says after reading my post, she feels beautiful again and he loves how happy I’ve made her again.”

Lexi isn’t the first to take a stand on social media over mom shaming.

This past April, new mom and Des Moines news anchor Erin Kiernan posted a photo of herself wearing no makeup.

After receiving several “snarky” messages about her makeup-free look, the newscaster fired back, saying:

“The woman on the left is well rested, spent two hours on her hair and makeup, had a professional photographer take her picture (and photoshop it, I’m sure), and is in the “glowing” second trimester of pregnancy.

The woman on the right got two hours of sleep (maybe), hadn’t looked in the mirror, took a selfie, did not put a filter on it and is covered with spit up and drool from a teething and very crabby baby.”

Lexi claims that her post’s popularity is because many women understand the experience of being body-shamed, or feeling tenuous over their post-pregnancy bodies.

And that understanding isn’t just exclusive to new moms. Lexi asserts that anyone “who’s a little bigger, or smaller than what the expected norm is” can empathize.

The post One Mom Has a Blazing Response When a Woman Tells Her Mothers Shouldn’t Wear Bikinis appeared first on Independent Journal Review.


Source: independent journal

The post One Mom Has a Blazing Response When a Woman Tells Her Mothers Shouldn’t Wear Bikinis appeared first on .@tonygreene113.

No comments:

Post a Comment